Huddersfield Parish Church
Choir Director’s Job Specification
- To work with the vicar on all matters concerning the musical life of Huddersfield Parish Church.
- When requested attend PCC meetings. The post holder will ensure awareness of developments in the life of the church and PCC planning and strategies.
- Together with the vicar and organist, select hymns, music and anthems for services, and other acts of Divine Worship.
- Broaden the liturgical music repertoire of Huddersfield Parish Church. Teaching and encouraging the congregation with new musical settings.
- Work with the vicar, to arrange ‘special’ services and events. This may include working with other choirs and musicians involved in these services and events.
- To recruit choir members – both choral scholars and potential musicians.
- To train and motivate choir members.
- To lead choir practices and to keep a register of attendance.
- To maintain appropriate standards of behaviour of choir members at all times.
- To be responsible for the working of the choral scholarship scheme, liaising with the vicar and treasurer if there are specific problems.
- To organise organ/choral/musical recitals and the promotion of them.
- To be responsible for the maintenance and development of the Church music library.
- To abide with the policies of the Diocese and the Church including the Children and Vulnerable Adult Policy and the health and safety policy of the Church.
- The post is subject to a clear DBS.